OR a soup that’s more healthy…
Creamy Broccoli Soup
You Will Need:
- 1 Head of Broccoli (1 Pound), Cut Into Florets, Stems Thinly Sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Thinly Sliced
- 1-15 Oz. Can Cannellini Beans, Drained
- 2-1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper, To Taste
- 1 Tbsp. Pine Nuts, Toasted
- Shaved Parmesan, For Garnish
Steam broccoli florets and stems until tender and bright green, about 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. Reserve 1/2 cup florets for garnish.
Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until translucent, about 6 minutes. Add beans and stock and bring mixture to a simmer. Remove from heat and add broccoli; puree in batches in a blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish each bowl with broccoli florets, toasted pine nuts, and shaved Parmesan. Serve Immediately.
Recipe Via: Whole Living